Saturday, October 28, 2006

Sweet love?

Has anyone else happened to notice the new ad campaign for "Chupa Chups"? And if so, is anyone else as shocked as I am at how brazenly sexual and filthy it is?

The poster (adorning many a bus shelter) has Polaroids of two young women with lollipops wedged in their mouths. Beneath the photos reads the line: "The Pleasure of Sucking".

I'll admit that my mind perpetually LIVES in the gutter, so the poster got a juvenile lil giggle from me. But since when has the sweet company targeted the older demographic? Considering that these sweets are traditionally sold to young children, I think that the subtext of the ad is a TAD too explicit in nature. Ah, maybe I'm just reading into a bit too much, but kudos to the marketing department that managed to get that past the advertising watchdogs :P

No comments: