Tuesday, November 07, 2006

From Pleasantville to Splitsville

If you’ll allow me, I’m gonna take a break from my usual reviews and such and get all sentimental on your ass...

Last week it was announced that after seven years of wedded bliss, Reese Witherspoon and Ryan Phillippe had decided to separate. Somehow this news flew totally under my radar for a few days, but when I did finally hear about it, I was completely taken aback. I know that its not exactly unheard of for Hollywood couples break up, but I always had this feeling that these two (knowing them as intimately as I do :P ) were matched for life. So it really did pain me to hear that Hollywood’s most perfect power couple had called it a day.

The pair met on the set of Cruel Intentions, where Ryan’s character was on a mission to woo the untouchable Reese. Perhaps he’s something of a method actor, cause a few months later the two were wed, and went on to have two children :D

I’m somewhat disappointed that the illusion of my fairytale couple has been shattered, but I still wish them both all the luck in the future!

No comments: