Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Couldn't give a flock

THE GOOD SHEPHERD

The less time I devote to this review, the better, as it has ROBBED me of almost three hours of my life already. Despite a strong cast, a long development process and heaps of critical praise, I found this movie to be one of the dullest I’ve ever seen in my entire life. As far as pointless movies go, its on a par with “The New World”, a feat of boredom I never thought could be equalled. But Robert DeNiro has proved me wrong, so very very wrong.

Matt Damon plays the lead, a man so cold and stone-faced, you’d wonder what the hell attracted ANY woman to him, let alone Angelia Jolie. And its this shell of a man that was chosen to drag us kicking and screaming through the convoluted, time-shifting plot. I must admit, throughout most of the movie I was clueless as to what was going on. I kept getting the impression SOMETHING significant was happening, but I could never quite figure out what it was. The dialogue gave no insight whatsoever into the personalities of the characters. And the code-speak used throughout the film was extremely infuriating >:( It was less like a movie and more like a test of an audience’s patience.

See it at your peril.

No comments: