Sunday, May 13, 2007

Paddy last

Well we all knew we were gonna crash and burn, but I don't think anyone expected us to come dead last in the Eurovision last night :O (except perhaps RTE, the clever folks who cunningly picked the group and style of song).

Now hows this for irony: up until the Irish vote, we were third last on the score table. We awarded points to the last and second last countries (the two below us), essentially pushing ourselves into last place!! I cant tell you how hard I laughed when that happened :D

And should we really thank Albania for giving us their “cinq points”? I think not. It would have been all the more brutal if we’d got nothing at all. 5 points was 5 more than we deserved, in my embittered opinion!!! :P

That’s not to say the rest of the entries were anything to get excited about. I thought Serbias winning song was bland at best. The Russians were far superior, having a current sounding song and a highly professional performance that didnt rely on gimmicks (unless you count the use of attractive jail bait as a gimmick :P ). It really was probably the only song I could see doing well on the charts.

Clearly RTE dont want us to host the Eurovision ever again, but it would be nice if we didnt do SO badly next time......

No comments: