Thursday, January 10, 2008

My 5 Favs of 2007 - Singles

1) MY SECRET LOVER ~ Private

I had to relegate myself to just ONE Private song in my top 5, so the amazing video that accompanied this single managed to tip the scale in its favour.

2) STRONGER ~ Kanye West

For me, this was the song that refused to grow old. So what if it heavily samples an already well-known Daft Punk song, it still rocks the Kasbah and the Akira inspired video is genius.

3) GIMMIE MORE ~ Britney

It’s Britney, (expletive removed).

4) LOVE IS A LOSING GAME ~ Amy Winehouse

Practically every single she released this year was gold, but this was always my favourite track off the album. It’s the one time she doesn’t sound like she’s putting on a voice :P


5) BECAUSE OF YOU ~ Ne-Yo

Yes, most of his songs DO sound alike, but this was the first and I dare say best cut off his latest album. It bounces along like no other!

No comments: